About this Office
The Office of Career Strategy assists St. Mary’s law students and graduates in creating action plans to search for summer and post-graduate employment, judicial clerkships and internships. We provide informative sessions and online programming to prepare students and alumni for the job market. We strive to maintain strong relationships with employers and alumni to provide students and alumni with valuable contacts in the legal field and job opportunities.
Our staff consists of Executive Director and Adjunct Professor of Law Robin Thorner, Assistant Director Greg Yates, Assistant Director of Employment and Recruitment Kimberly Underdown and Office Coordinator Anna-Laura Petri. Our office is located on the second floor of the Sarita Kenedy East Law Library in room 216.
- Individualized Advising
- Mock Interviews
- Judicial Observerships and Internships
- Judicial Clerkship Application and Mailing Program
- Comprehensive Student Resource Center
- Access to 12Twenty (CORE)
- Monthly Programming
- Job Fairs Throughout Texas and the Country
- Fall and Spring On-Campus Recruiting
- Free Coffee for All Students
- Access to two student computers, printers, shredder, telephone, fax machine and copiers
To view our ABA Standard 509 Information Report, Employment Statistics, Non-discrimination Policy and other required disclosures, please visit our ABA Required Disclosures page.
Regular Hours (during academic year): Monday through Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Summer Hours (mid May through early August): Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.