Law Career Services
About this Office
The Office of Career Services assists St. Mary’s law students and graduates in creating action plans to search for summer and post-graduate employment, judicial clerkships and internships. We provide informative sessions and online programming to prepare students and alumni for the job market. We strive to maintain strong relationships with employers and alumni to provide students and alumni with valuable contacts in the legal field and job opportunities.
Our staff consists of Executive Director and Adjunct Professor of Law Robin Thorner, Assistant Director of Employment and Recruitment Kimberly Underdown and Office Coordinator Anna-Laura Petri. Our office is located on the second floor of the Sarita Kenedy East Law Library in room 216.
- Career counseling and personal advising
- Mock interviews
- Judicial Observerships and Internships
- Judicial Clerkship Application and Mailing Program
- Comprehensive Student Resource Center
- Access to 12Twenty (CORE)
- Monthly programming
- Job Fairs throughout Texas and the country
- Fall and Spring On-Campus Recruiting
- Free coffee for all students
- Access to two student computers, printers, shredder, telephone, fax machine and copiers
To view our ABA Standard 509 Information Report, Employment Statistics, Non-discrimination Policy and other required disclosures, please visit our ABA Required Disclosures page.
Reciprocity Policy for St. Mary’s Students
Reciprocity allows St. Mary’s University School of Law students to utilize limited career-related resources from other law schools’ career services offices throughout the country as described in their policies. Reciprocity also allows students from other law schools to access similar resources from St. Mary’s University School of Law’s Office of Career Services based on the policy outlined below.
Current St. Mary’s students and alumni may request reciprocity with another school by filling out the form below.
Reciprocity Policy for Non-St. Mary’s Students
The St. Mary’s University School of Law Office of Career Services grants reciprocal services to students and graduates of ABA-accredited law schools which afford reciprocal services to St. Mary’s students and graduates. The Office of Career Services reserves the right to adjust the above-stated policy to match other school’s policies and with or without notice may deny further services to any individual who misuses or abuses the staff, facilities, resources, equipment or services, or to any school surpassing a reasonable number of requests within any academic year.
If you have any questions, please call 210-436-3511. The Office of Career Services, St. Mary’s University School of Law, reserves the right to match the terms and restrictions of the school requesting reciprocity on behalf of its graduates or students.
If you would like to establish reciprocity with St. Mary’s University School of Law, contact the Career Services Office of your law school and request that a letter be sent by email to our office with a copy of your school reciprocity policy. (Reciprocity will be granted only twice to the same person within a three-year time period.)
Send your request to:
Attn: Kimberly Underdown
Via email: email@example.com
Via fax: 210-436-3643
- On-campus use of the Student Resource Center Materials
- Office use of student computers
- The NALP publications and any St. Mary’s University School of Law handouts
- Access to view only version of our job bank in the office or 3 month subscription to the online job bank, which will only be available to those law schools that offer the same option to our St. Mary’s students or alumni. Be sure to send your e-mail address with your request as we will e-mail you the username and password to gain access.
Reciprocity privileges DO NOT include the following:
- On-campus interviews
- Résumé forwarding or résumé reviews
- Participation in job fairs
- Consultation or guidance from Career Services personnel
- Any presentations or networking events sponsored by Career Services
Regular Hours (during academic year): Monday through Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Summer Hours (mid May through early August): Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Reciprocity will be unavailable through the Office of Career Services during Fall On- Campus Interviews (August 1 through November 30). During this period, Career Services resources and job bank are only open to St. Mary’s students and alumni.