Military Tuition Rate
As currently serving members of our military or as veterans of service we know that you also carry yourself with pride, ever-ready to adapt and change as you meet the challenges of your personal service to our country.
Whether it is through our Warrior Defense Project or our Veterans Center, the St. Mary’s family is always looking for ways to support our military families.
- This rate can be applied toward a Master of Jurisprudence degree (M.Jur.) or master’s level certificate.
- This rate is with or without military/DOD tuition assistance.
- This rate per credit hour is valid for part-time and full-time students.
The military tuition rate is not applicable to Ph.D. programs or the School of Law Doctor of Jurisprudence and Master of Laws programs at St. Mary’s University.
Students who use tuition assistance can reduce their cost per credit hour by as much as $250, resulting in a total cost of $550 per credit hour for classes taken at the School of Law towards an M.Jur. degree or master’s level certificate.
All four service branches, the U.S. Coast Guard and some National Guard and Reservists are eligible for tuition assistance. You also may be able to use funds from the Montgomery GI Bill or Post-911 GI Bill in conjunction with tuition assistance through the Top-Up Program.
Need information on how to establish eligibility? Go to your local education center or start the process online by following the branch-specific links below:
- Army: https://www.armyignited.com/app/
- Marine Corps: https://www.marforres.marines.mil/General-Special-Staff/Marine-Corps-Community-Services/Marine-Family-Services/Voluntary-Education-Program/Tuition-Assistance/
- Navy: https://www.navycollege.navy.mil/
- Air Force: https://www.my.af.mil (Navigate to AFVEC through the Air Force Portal)
10 Reasons to Choose St. Mary’s
- We are approved for the Post-9/11 GI Bill.
- We are approved for Armed Forces Tuition Assistance (TA) Programs.
- We are a yellow ribbon school.
- We have grants for active duty military, veterans, spouses and DOD civillians.
- We have a dedicated fulltime financial aid counselor.
- We have an institutional commitment to the “8 Keys to Veterans’ Success.”
- We are a signatory of the VA’s “Principles of Excellence.”
- We are a signatory of the DOD Voluntary Education Partnership Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for Tuition Assistance.
- We have a dedicated veteran social space and active veterans’ student groups.
- We have a robust ROTC program.