Military Tuition Rate
As currently serving members of our military or as veterans of service we know that you also carry yourself with pride, ever-ready to adapt and change as you meet the challenges of your personal service to our country.
In acknowledgment of our shared commitment to community, active-duty military, retired military, Department of Defense employees and spouses of these groups qualify for the $800 per credit hour tuition at the School of Law.
For more information, graduate students should contact Andrew Lyons, the Coordinator of Veteran and Military Affairs, at 210-436-3682 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The military tuition rate is not applicable to Ph.D. programs or the School of Law Doctor of Jurisprudence and Master of Laws programs at St. Mary’s University.
Deric Hawkins (M.Jur. ’22) — Compliance, Business Law and Risk
Senior Internal Auditor, Financial Crimes
Students who use tuition assistance can reduce their cost per credit hour by as much as $250, resulting in a total cost of $550 per credit hour for classes taken at the School of Law towards an M.Jur. degree or master’s level certificate.
All four service branches, the U.S. Coast Guard and some National Guard and Reservists are eligible for tuition assistance. You also may be able to use funds from the Montgomery GI Bill or Post-911 GI Bill in conjunction with tuition assistance through the Top-Up Program.
Need information on how to establish eligibility? Go to your local education center or start the process online by following the branch-specific links below:
- Army: https://www.armyignited.com/app/
- Marine Corps: https://www.marforres.marines.mil/General-Special-Staff/Marine-Corps-Community-Services/Marine-Family-Services/Voluntary-Education-Program/Tuition-Assistance/
- Navy: https://www.navycollege.navy.mil/
- Air Force: https://www.my.af.mil (Navigate to AFVEC through the Air Force Portal)
10 Reasons to Choose St. Mary’s
- We are approved for the Post-9/11 GI Bill.
- We are approved for Armed Forces Tuition Assistance (TA) Programs.
- We are a yellow ribbon school.
- We have grants for active duty military, veterans, spouses and DOD civillians.
- We have a dedicated fulltime financial aid counselor.
- We have an institutional commitment to the “8 Keys to Veterans’ Success.”
- We are a signatory of the VA’s “Principles of Excellence.”
- We are a signatory of the DOD Voluntary Education Partnership Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for Tuition Assistance.
- We have a dedicated veteran social space and active veterans’ student groups.
- We have a robust ROTC program.
James Mosby, M.Jur. Candidate 2025 — Military and National Security Law — U.S. Air Force Colonel Ret. (left) and Andrew Lyons, Jr., Coordinator Veteran and Military Affairs, St. Mary’s University — U.S. Army Colonel Ret. (right)