- Faculty and facilities
- Clinical programs
- Study abroad
- Law journals
- Gold & Blue Magazine Law Edition
- Alumni network
- Our cutting-edge Law Success Program reflects our mission to equip future lawyers with the values to lead a more just world.
- Our unique location in San Antonio, Texas provides students with balmy weather, along with historic landmarks, world-class museums and extensive outdoor recreation opportunities.
- We celebrate an annual Red Mass as the only Catholic law school in Texas. We welcome students of all faiths and uphold the Marianist tradition of hospitality, openness and the family spirit.
World-Class Faculty and Facilities
The School of Law is a a state-of-the-art practice facility for advocacy programs and visiting courts that occasionally hear oral arguments on campus.
The Sarita Kenedy East Law Library is the largest legal information center in San Antonio and the surrounding area with staff knowledgeable in legal research.
Named a Best Value Private Law School by The National Jurist.
The St. Mary’s Law faculty includes nationally known subject-area experts, scholars and practitioners, some of whom have served as Fulbright Scholars as well as former United States Supreme Court and White House Clerks and Fellows.
Top-Notch Clinical Programs
The Center for Legal and Social Justice is home to multiple clinical programs that offer students hands-on legal experience representing San Antonio’s indigent and disadvantaged citizens.
The clinical programs are the Civil Justice Clinic, the Criminal Justice Clinic and the Immigration and Human Rights Clinic. Students partner with licensed attorneys to work with clients in need.
Law students serve the underrepresented throughout the year in activities including spring break service trips, identity recovery and immigration outreach at San Antonio’s Haven for Hope, pro bono projects and monthly trips to underserved areas along the Texas-Mexico border.
Top Advocacy Competitors
Year after year, St. Mary’s law students excel in regional and national moot court and mock trial competitions.
2018-2019 National Team Finalists:
• ABA National Appellate Advocacy Competition (2nd Team) 2019 – Semi-Finalist
• FBA Thurgood A. Marshall Memorial Moot Court Competition 2019 – Finalist
• Hunton Andrews Kurth Moot Court National Championship 2018, 2019 – Quarter-Finalist
• Natl. Telecommunications & Technology Moot Court Competition 2019 – Semi-Finalist
• ABA Regional Client Counseling Competition 2019 – Semi-Finalist
• National Sports Law Negotiation Competition 2019 – Finalist
• Appellate Lawyers Association National Moot Court Competition 2018 – Finalist
• South Texas Challenge Mock Trial Competition 2018 – Octo-Finalist
• Civil Rights and Liberties Moot Court Competition 2018 – Quarter-Finalist
The National Team Legacy of Champions:
- American Bar Association National Appellate Advocacy Competition
- 2019 Regional Champions
- 2018 Regional Champions
- 2017 National Champions
- 2016 National Champions
- Federal Bar Association Thurgood A. Marshall Memorial Moot Court Competition:
- 2018 National Champions
- 2016 National Champions
- 2015 National Champions, Best Oral Advocate (Championship Round), Second Best Brief (Overall)
- William Daniel National Mock Trial Competition
- 2015 National Champions
- National Black Law Students Association Frederick Douglass Moot Court Competition
- 2015 Rocky Mountain Region Champions
- National Religious Freedom Moot Court Competition
- 2015 Best Brief
The School of Law is a member of the International Association of Law Schools and the International Academy of Comparative Law (Académie Internationale de Droit Comparé).
The Institute on World Legal Programs in Innsbruck, Austria, offers world-renowned instructors, often including United States Supreme Court justices or prominent international jurists, during the intensive summer program.
Experience a legal and cultural spring break at the University of Guadalajara.
The Institute on Chinese Law and Business in Beijing prepares students for the challenges of practicing in the expanding global marketplace and offers participants internship opportunities with Chinese law firms and industry.
Distinctive Law Journals
Heritage and Tradition
St. Mary’s offered to make it a university law school, with a stronger curriculum and a full-time faculty. The school officially became part of St. Mary’s University in 1937.
Strong Alumni Network
Graduates of St. Mary’s University have become members of the United States Congress, governors and lieutenant governors nationwide, justices of the Texas Supreme Court and Texas Court of Criminal Appeals, state legislators, members of the federal judiciary and leaders of some of the nation’s most prestigious law firms.
The Wall Street Journal recognized St. Mary’s Law as among the nation’s best for post-law school, full-time employment data reported to the ABA.
Want to learn more?
Law School Admissions
St. Mary’s University
One Camino Santa Maria
San Antonio, Texas 78228-8601
To request information about a specific program, please view all law degree programs, select the program you’re interested in, and fill out a request form on that program’s page.