The St. Mary’s University School of Law, Office of Career Strategy is happy to assist you in finding talented candidates for your hiring needs. Our school strives to train high quality candidates that are practice ready and can hit the ground running.
We offer employers the opportunity to:
- Post a job for both law students and alumni at no cost to the employer
- Participate in on campus recruitment and résumé collection programs in the fall and spring semesters
- Learn about current market salaries and other employer trends by speaking to our professional staff
- Post a job through our Temporary Assignment Program (TAP)
If you need assistance in any way, please do not hesitate to call us at 210-436-3511.
Pertinent Information for Employers
The ABA has specific guidelines that govern law student employment while enrolled full time in law school. Additionally, law students must work under the supervision of a licensed attorney if they are working in a legal capacity.
- Principles for a Fair and Ethical Recruitment Process from the National Association for Law Placement (NALP)
- In accordance with the Department of Labor’s Fair Labor Standards Act our office will not post any unpaid internships with for-profit firms. Unpaid positions will only be posted for government, non-profit, judicial, and select corporate employers that participate in our pro bono, externship or work-study programs.
Employers may post employment opportunities in the Office of Career Strategy’s online job bank (CORE) at no cost.
All jobs posted with St. Mary’s University School of Law must be bona fide employment opportunities. Employers posting a job announcement agree to comply with our Equal Opportunity, Nondiscrimination, Sexual and Other Forms of Harassment Policies. By posting a job, employers agree to strictly comply with these Policies.
We reserve the right in our sole discretion to restrict or remove any job posting without notice that appears to violate our Equal Opportunity, Nondiscrimination, Sexual and Other Forms of Harassment Policies or that we otherwise feel is inappropriate for our students and alumni.
Employers recruiting at St. Mary’s University School of Law agree to contact the Office of Career Strategy when their position is closed, canceled, or changed, and to notify the Office of any students or graduates hired.
Before submitting a position, please verify that all information is correct. Positions are posted within one business day.
We appreciate your listing an internship or postgraduate opportunity for St. Mary’s University School of Law students.
Please contact Kim Underdown if you need assistance. Thank you.
- Phone: 210-436-3511
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fall Recruitment Program
Every year the Office of Career Strinvites employers to participate in our Fall Recruitment Program that takes place throughout August, September and October. There is no fee to participate. This program is designed specifically for employers that may have hiring needs for the summer or spring and are looking for law clerks or recent graduates for associate positions.
Through this program, we collect student résumés, distribute them electronically to employers and schedule interviews at our campus for the employer’s desired date. If you are unable to come to campus but still wish to receive résumés, you can select the “Résumé Collection” option when registering.
Employers pre-screen résumés and other application materials, selecting only those students whom the employer wishes to interview. If you have any questions, please contact us at 210-436-3511.
We will be co-hosting job fairs around the state and beyond with our fellow Texas law schools. These will include:
Texas Law Consortium Job Fairs
- Texas in Washington Program in July or August each year
- Public Service Career Fair in Austin in late January or early February each year
If you are unable to come to campus and are interested in interviewing students at one of these job fairs, please contact us for more details.
Online Registration Via 12Twenty (CORE)
To register for the 2019 Fall Recruitment Program, please log in to 12Twenty (CORE). Enter your username and password. Your username is: [email]. If you have forgotten your password or do not have a password, click on the “Forgot Password” tab, and you will receive a new password via email. If you are a new participant or new point of contact for your organization, please click on the “Register” tab. If you encounter any problems retrieving your password or registering, please call our office at 210-436-3511.
Once you have logged in, follow these steps to request an interview schedule:
- Under Shortcuts, click on “Submit Schedule Request.”
- A schedule form will open. Where it says “Select Session,” use the drop-down menu and select “2019 Fall Recruitment Program (August Interviews) or (September Interviews).
(You will see all available dates for that month once you select a session.)
- Once you have selected the session, complete the form according to your date requests. If you have any special requests regarding your date, please indicate your requests in the scheduling notes section.
- When you are done, click “Submit.”
Temporary Assignment Program (TAP)
The Temporary Assignment Program (TAP) can help employers in need of students or recent graduates for short term assignments. These can include drafting of briefs, legal research or trial preparation assistance among other tasks. St. Mary’s TAP program provides employers with a fast option for securing qualified applicants for temporary law clerk and associate assignments. These short term assignments can also be done remotely if you are outside the greater San Antonio area.
How does it work?
- Post your positions in our job bank
How do you benefit?
- Streamlines your hiring process
- Connects you with qualified candidates quickly and efficiently
- You can hire on an as needed basis
If you are interested in learning more about TAP, email Kimberly Underdown or call the office at 210-436-3511.