Admission to St. Mary's School of Law
Applying to St. Mary's School of Law
To be considered for admission to the J.D. Program, an applicant must
- Submit a completed application for admission.
- Possess (or will possess by the start of law study) a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Register for and take the LSAT. (Only LSAT scores received in the last five years will be considered)
- Subscribe to the LSAS Credential Assembly Service and submit all transcripts for evaluation through that service.
St. Mary’s Law admits new J.D. students for the fall semester only. We strongly encourage applicants to complete their application early and to take the LSAT no later than February of the year of planned entry. LSAC can be reached at www.lsac.org or 215-968-1001.
Graduates from the School of Law are qualified for a variety of exciting career opportunities. Visit the Employment Statistics page for more detailed information.
To view our ABA Standard 509 Information Report, Scholarship Retention Data Worksheet and other required disclosures, please visit our Consumer Information page.
St. Mary’s University School of Law has representatives at numerous recruiting events throughout the year. These are opportunities to meet with Admissions professionals who can help advise you about general applicant information and about St. Mary’s in particular. You are invited to take advantage of a reception or open house in an area convenient to you.
- July 21, 2018: LSAC Law Forum, Washington, D.C., Marriott Wardman Park, more information at www.lsac.org
- July 26, 2018: UTEP, El Paso, LSPI Law Admissions Panel
- September 29, 2018: LSAC Law Forum, Chicago, IL, Palmer House Hilton
Schedule a campus visit, and we’ll tailor your tour to your needs. We’ll provide individualized information and guidance, rather than simply general information.
The possibilities for your campus tour include:
- Tour campus and learn to study in an environment of ethical leadership and social justice.
- Arrange to sit in on a first-year class (Class visits must be confirmed prior to the day of the visit.)
- Discover academic support resources that help students succeed and career services staff who assist with finding employment before and after graduation.
- Learn the admissions process and how you can join the School of Law community through student organizations, campus ministry and top-notch clinical programs.
- Take time to experience San Antonio’s culture and entertainment offerings.
Still have questions?
Contact Law School Admissions