Applying to St. Mary’s School of Law
To be considered for admission to the J.D. Program, an applicant must
- Submit a completed application for admission.
- Possess (or will possess by the start of law study) a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Register for and take the LSAT. (Only LSAT scores received in the last five years will be considered)
- Subscribe to the LSAS Credential Assembly Service and submit all transcripts for evaluation through that service.
St. Mary’s Law admits new J.D. students for the fall semester only. We strongly encourage applicants to complete their application early and to take the LSAT no later than February of the year of planned entry. LSAC can be reached at www.lsac.org or 215-968-1001.
Graduates from the School of Law are qualified for a variety of exciting career opportunities. Visit the Employment Statistics page for more detailed information.
To view our ABA Standard 509 Information Report, Scholarship Retention Data Worksheet and other required disclosures, please visit our Consumer Information page.
When will we be in your area?
St. Mary’s University School of Law has representatives at numerous recruiting events throughout the year. These are opportunities to meet with Admissions professionals who can help advise you about general applicant information and about St. Mary’s in particular. You are invited to take advantage of a reception or open house in an area convenient to you.
- September 20, 2018: Austin College Grad Fair, Sherman, TX
- September 25, 2018: Texas Woman’s University Grad Fair, Denton, TX
- September 26, 2018: UT Dallas Grad Fair, Richardson, TX
- October 2, 2018: UTEP Grad Fair, El Paso, TX
- October 3, 2018: New Mexico State University Grad Fair, Las Cruces, NM
- October 4, 2018: University of New Mexico Grad Fair, Albuquerque, NM
- October 6, 2018: LSAC Law Forum, Los Angeles, CA, The Westin Bonaventure Hotel
- October 10, 2018: St. Edward’s University, Austin, TX, Graduate and Law Fair
- October 13, 2018: LSAC Law Forum, Miami, FL, Hyatt Regency Miami
- October 18, 2018: Huston-Tillotson Grad Fair, Austin, TX
- October 18, 2018: Emory Networking Night
- October 19, 2018: LSAC Law Forum, Atlanta, GA, Westin Peachtree Plaza
- October 22, 2018: Hendrix College, Conway, AR
- October 23, 2018: UT Austin, Austin, TX
- October 23, 2018: University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT
- October 24, 2018: University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK
- October 24, 2018: BYU, Provo, UT
- October 25, 2018: University of Arizona, Tuscon, AZ
- October 25, 2018: Schreiner University Grad Fair, Kerrville, TX
- October 26, 2018: Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ
- October 26-27, 2018: LSAC Law Forum, New York, NY, New York Hilton Midtown
- October 30, 2018: Texas A&M Corpus Christi Grad Fair, Corpus Christi, TX
- October 31, 2018: UTRGV Grad Fair, Brownsville, TX
- November 1, 2018: UTRGV Grad Fair, Edinburg, TX
- November 2, 2018: LSAC Law Forum, San Francisco, CA, Marriott Marquis San Francisco
- November 3, 2018: Portland State University, Portland, OR
- November 5, 2018: Texas Tech, Lubbock, TX
- November 6, 2018: UNLV, Las Vegas, NV
- November 7, 2018: Texas A&M, College Station, TX
- November 8, 2018: Texas State University, San Marcos, TX
- November 9, 2018: UTSA, San Antonio, TX
- November 10, 2018: LSAC Law Forum, Houston, TX, JW Marriott Houston
- November 12, 2018: LSAC Law Forum, Boston, MA
- November 12, 2018: LSU Law Fair, Baton Rouge, LA
- November 13, 2018: Greater New Orleans Law Fair, New Orleans LA
Schedule a campus visit, and we’ll tailor your tour to your needs. We’ll provide individualized information and guidance, rather than simply general information.
The possibilities for your campus tour include:
- Tour campus and learn to study in an environment of ethical leadership and social justice.
- Arrange to sit in on a first-year class (Class visits must be confirmed prior to the day of the visit.)
- Discover academic support resources that help students succeed and career services staff who assist with finding employment before and after graduation.
- Learn the admissions process and how you can join the School of Law community through student organizations, campus ministry and top-notch clinical programs.
- Take time to experience San Antonio’s culture and entertainment offerings.
Still have questions?
Contact Law School Admissions