Applying to St. Mary's School of Law
All applicants must possess a bachelor’s or higher degree from an accredited college or university, or its equivalent, before beginning their legal education. All applicants must complete and submit a St. Mary’s University School of Law application for admission. All applicants must also subscribe to the Credential Assembly Service (CAS) and register for, and take, the Law School Admission Test (LSAT).
Applicants should contact Law Services online or call or at 215-968-1001 to register for the LSAT and subscribe to the CAS. February is normally the last month when the LSAT can be taken for applicants to be considered for the upcoming fall admission. Only LSAT scores received within the last five years are considered current. You may submit the School of Law application before or after taking the LSAT and before subscribing to the CAS, but early application is encouraged. First-year admission occurs only in the fall of each year.
Apply: J.D.Apply: LL.M.Apply: M.Jur
Graduates from the School of Law are qualified for a variety of exciting career opportunities. Visit the Employment Statistics page for more detailed information.
To view our ABA Standard 509 Information Report, Scholarship Retention Data Worksheet and other required disclosures, please visit our Consumer Information page.
View ScholarshipsView FellowshipsRSVP for J.D. Open House
Other Upcoming Events
St. Mary’s University School of Law has representatives at numerous recruiting events throughout the year. These are opportunities to meet with Admissions professionals who can help advise you about general applicant information and about St. Mary’s in particular. You are invited to take advantage of a reception or open house in an area convenient to you.
- Sept. 18, 2017: Univ. of North Texas, Denton, Texas
- Sept. 19, 2017: UT Arlington, Arlington, Texas
- Sept. 22, 2017: St. Edward’s Pre-Law Group Tour: St. Mary’s University, San Antonio, Texas
- Sept. 28, 2017: Graduate Study at St. Mary’s Information Session, St. Mary’s University, San Antonio (RSVP HERE)
- Sept. 29-30, 2017: Undergraduate Moot Court Competition, St. Mary’s University, San Antonio, Texas
- Oct. 3, 2017: Flagler College, St. Augustine, Florida
- Oct. 3, 2017: New Mexico State University Grad Fair, Lac Cruces, New Mexico
- Oct. 4, 2017: Rollins College (Florida Caravan), Winter Park, Florida
- Oct. 4, 2017: UTEP Grad and Professional Fair, El Paso, Texas
- Oct. 5, 2017: Florida Southern College, Lakeland, Florida
- Oct. 5, 2017: University of Tampa, Tampa, Florida
- Oct. 6, 2017: Florida Gulf Coast University, Fort Myers, Florida
- Oct. 7, 2017: LSAC Forum, Miami, Florida
- Oct. 9, 2017: St. Edward’s Grad and Professional Fair, Austin, Texas
- Oct. 10, 2017: LSAC Forum, Chicago, Illinois
- Oct. 10, 2017: University of South Carolina Law Fair
- Oct. 11, 2017: University of Georgia Law Fair
- Oct. 13, 2017: LSAC Forum, Atlanta, Georgia
- Oct. 14, 2017: St. Mary’s Law J.D. Admissions Open House, San Antonio, Texas (RSVP Here)
- Oct. 20, 2017: LSAC Forum, New York City, New York
- Oct. 21, 2017: LSAC Forum, New York City, New York
- Oct. 23, 2017: Texas A&M University Law Fair, College Station, Texas
- Oct. 24, 2017: Southern Methodist University, Dallas, Texas
- Oct. 24, 2017: Texas A&M San Antonio Grad Fair, San Antonio, Texas
- Oct. 24, 2017: George Washington Univ. – D.C. Fair, Washington, D.C.
- Oct. 25, 2017: Baylor University Law Fair, Waco, Texas
- Oct. 26, 2017: UT Austin Law Fair, Austin, Texas
- Oct. 27, 2017: UTSA Law Fair, San Antonio, Texas
- Oct. 28, 2017: LSAC Forum, Houston, Texas
- Oct. 30, 2017: LSY Law Fair, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Oct. 30, 2017: Arizona State University, Phoenix, Arizona
- Oct. 31, 2017: Greater New Orleans Law School Fair, New Orleans Louisiana
- Oct. 31, 2017: University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona
- Nov. 1, 2017: University of Utah Law Fair, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Nov. 2, 2017: LSAC Forum, San Francisco, California
- Nov. 4, 2017: LSAC Forum, Los Angeles, California
- Nov. 7, 2017: North Carolina State University, Raleigh, North Carolina
- Nov. 8, 2017: Univ. of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- Nov. 10, 2017: LSAC Forum, Boston, Massachusetts
Schedule a campus visit, and we’ll tailor your tour to your needs. We’ll provide individualized information and guidance, rather than simply general information.
The possibilities for your campus tour include:
- Tour campus and learn to study in an environment of ethical leadership and social justice.
- Arrange to sit in on a first-year class (Class visits must be confirmed prior to the day of the visit.)
- Discover academic support resources that help students succeed and career services staff who assist with finding employment before and after graduation.
- Learn the admissions process and how you can join the School of Law community through student organizations, campus ministry and top-notch clinical programs.
- Take time to experience San Antonio’s culture and entertainment offerings.
Still have questions?
Contact Law School Admissions
We invite you to take a look at our road piece or watch a video to learn more about the St. Mary’s Law difference.