Evaluating one’s current and long-term financial objectives is an essential part of the admission process. St. Mary’s strongly encourages applicants to assess their borrowing needs and to learn about the types of loans and scholarships available to them.
Understanding one’s rights and responsibilities as a borrower and one’s ability to manage the expenses involved in attending law school is critical.
Although it is the applicant’s responsibility to gather this information, St. Mary’s can help students to become educated consumers. The best time to begin to gather financial information is now.
Forms and Resources
- 2018-2019 Law Special Conditions Form
- 2017-2018 Law Special Conditions Form
- 2018 Summer Aid Application Form
Student Loan Information
- Graduate PLUS Loan Application
- Direct Stafford Loan Entrance Counseling Session
- Direct Stafford Loan Master Promissory Note
- Federal Student Aid – An Office of the U.S. Department of Education
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid – FAFSA
- Create a new Federal Student Aid ID
- National Student Loan Database System
- United States Department of Veteran Affairs
How to Appeal
If you fail to meet the minimum Satisfactory Academic Progress standards (SAP), you will be placed on Suspension.
You can appeal this suspension by writing a letter to the Appeals Committee after receiving the official notification. Please include the reason why you did not meet the minimum academic standards and state why financial aid should not be terminated. You may also include supporting documentation regarding your plan of action. Appeals must be submitted prior to established deadlines.
The Appeals Committee will review your appeal and determine whether the suspension is justified. You will be notified in writing of the final decision. If your appeal is granted, the status will be updated to Probation and you will be eligible for financial aid for the next semester. If your appeal is not approved, you may become eligible again by meeting the standards for Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).
Law School Office of Financial Assistance
Located on the first floor of Charles Francis Hall.
St. Mary’s University Box #41
One Camino Santa Maria
San Antonio, Texas 78228
210-436-3141 fax 210-431-2221