St. Mary’s School of Law is accredited by the American Bar Association (ABA) and is a member of the Association of American Law Schools.
The St. Mary’s University School of Law is approved by the Council of the Section of Legal Education and Admissions to the Bar of the American Bar Association, 321 North Clark Street, Chicago, IL 60654, 312-988-6738.
1201 Connecticut Ave., N.W., Suite 800
Washington, D.C. 20036-2717
ABA Standard 509 Information
- All consumer information that a law school reports, publicizes or distributes shall be complete, accurate and not misleading to a reasonable law school student or applicant. Schools shall use due diligence in obtaining and verifying consumer information. Violations of these obligations may result in sanctions under Rule 16 of the Rules of Procedure for Approval of Law Schools.
- A law school shall publicly disclose on its website, in the form and manner and for the frame designated by the Council, the following consumer information:
- admissions data;
- tuition, fees, living costs, financial aid;
- conditional scholarships;
- enrollment data, including academic, transfer and other attrition/graduation rates;
- number of full-time and part-time faculty, professional librarians and administrators;
- class sizes for first year and upper class courses; number of seminar, clinical and co-curricular offerings;
- employment outcomes: 2018, 2017 and 2016.
- bar passage data
- A law school shall publicly disclose on its website, in a readable and comprehensive manner, the following information on a current basis:
- refund policies
- curricular offerings, academic calendar and academic requirements;
- policies regarding the transfer credits earned at another institution of higher education
The law school’s transfer of credit policies must include, at minimum:
- A statement of the criteria established by the law school regarding transfer of credit earned at another institution; and
- A list of institutions, if any, which the law school has established an articulation agreement.
- A law school shall distribute the data required under Standard 509(b)(3) to all applicants being offered conditional scholarships at the time the scholarship offer is extended.
- If a law school elects to make a public disclosure of its status as a law school approved by the Council, it shall do so accurately and shall include the name and contact information of the Council.
Security and fire safety
St. Mary’s University is committed to assisting all members of the community in providing for their own safety and security. The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available at www.stmarytx.edu/compliance/clery-act-information. If you would like a hard copy of the report, stop by the St. Mary’s Police Department Office at One Camino Santa Maria, San Antonio, Texas 78228 or request a copy be mailed to you by calling 210-436-3330.
Notice of Availability of the Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
The report contains information, as required by law, regarding campus security and personal safety. The report also contains information about fire statistics in campus residential facilities and crime statistics for the three previous calendar years that occurred on campus; property owned or controlled by the University; and public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus.
Bias, discrimination and harrassment
St. Mary’s University seeks to provide an environment that is free of bias, discrimination, and harassment. If you have been the victim of sexual harassment/misconduct/assault we encourage you to report this. If you report this to a faculty or staff member, she or he must notify the University’s Title IX coordinator about the basic facts of the incident (you may choose whether you or anyone involved is identified by name). The Title IX coordinator will assist you in connecting with all possible resources both on and off campus. More about Title IX
For more information about admission data, contact Law School Admissions.
Law School Admissions
St. Mary’s University
One Camino Santa Maria
San Antonio, Texas 78228-8601