Lone Star Classic
St. Mary’s University School of Law’s Board of Advocates hosts the Lone Star Classic®, an annual invitational mock trial tournament open to ABA-accredited law schools nationwide, every fall semester. View the 2019 tournament here and here.
The 2020 Lone Star Classic will be held from Wednesday, Oct. 14, 2020, to Sunday, Oct. 18, 2020.
A.J. Bellido de Luna, Hardy Director of Advocacy and Service Professor at St. Mary’s University School of Law, 210-436-3779, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of South Carolina School of Law claimed the national title in the St. Mary’s University School of Law’s annual Lone Star Classic National Mock Trial Competition with its final-round victory over Campbell university School of Law on Oct. 19, 2019.
Courtney Watkins from the University of Maryland was named Best Speaker of the competition.
Other awards included:
- David A. Schlueter Most Professional Team Award:Inter American University of Puerto Rico School of Law
- Best Opening Statement: Veronica Mina – University of Maryland School of Law
- Best Direct Examination:Jacob Goldstein – University of Denver Sturm College of Law
- Best Cross-Examination:Kelly Marshall – University of Houston Law Center
- Best Closing Argument:Dylan Elliott – University of Maryland School of Law
- Best Overall Advocate:Austin Nichols – University of South Carolina School of Law
- Best Advocate in Final Round: Austin Nichols – University of South Carolina School of Law
Watch previous Lone Star Classic® events.