Clinical Professor of Law | Director of the Summer Skills Enhancement Program
- J.D., St. Mary’s University, 1991
- B.A., St. Mary’s University, 1987
License to Practice
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. Supreme Court
Specialties and Courses
- Criminal Law, Board Certified since 1998
- Juvenile Law
- Texas Criminal Procedure
After graduating from St. Mary’s School of Law, Professor Stevens worked for the law offices of Mark Stevens as a criminal defense attorney. She volunteered as a pro bono attorney to represent death row inmates in conjunction with the Texas Death Penalty Education and Resource Center.
Professor Stevens also taught constitutional law as an adjunct professor for Trinity University. She joined the Criminal Justice Clinic as Supervising Attorney in 1996 after serving in the clinic’s mentor program during the previous year.
Professor Stevens also serves as the director of the Summer Skills Enhancement Program, an intensive program designed to help prospective students develop the skills necessary to succeed in law school.
Honors and Awards
- Texas Best Lawyers, 2019
- San Antonio Scene Top DUI/DWI Lawyer, 2019
- San Antonio’s Top 30 Criminal Defense Lawyers, 2015
- Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation, 2012
- Texas Top Rated Lawyer, 2012
- Distinguished Faculty Award, 2009-2010
- Best Lawyers in America, 2005 to present
- Best Lawyers in San Antonio, 2004 to present
- Kimberly E. Young Defender of the Year Award 2006
- Kimberly E. Young Defender of the Year Award 2004
- Martindale-Hubbell AV rating, ongoing
Sampson, Tindall, and England’s Texas Family Code Annotated, Title Three Updates from 2005 to Present.