- LL.M. in Taxation (with distinction), Certificate in Estate Planning, Georgetown Law School, 2009
- J.D., (with distinction) Western Michigan University Cooley Law School, 1994
- BBA (Accounting), McCombs School of Business, University of Texas at Austin, 1989
License to Practice
- District of Columbia
Specialties and Courses
- Estate Planning
Honors and Awards
- Texas Comptroller's Business Tax Advisory Committee (Dec 2006 - Aug 2008)
- Texas Comptroller's Taxpayer's Advisory Group (Jan 2007 - Aug 2008)
- Vice Chair, State and Local Tax Committee, State Bar of Texas (May 2004 - Aug 2008)
BiographyDavid White is a CPA and has been a member of the Texas Bar for more than 24 years. He currently serves in the capacity of senior vice president of Frost Bank's Trust Department. With over $30 billion in assets, Frost's Trust Department is the oldest and largest trust department in San Antonio – and one of the largest trust departments in the country.
Prior to banking, White served as the director of tax policy in the corporate tax department of AT&T. Prior to working for AT&T, White served as the deputy treasurer of Michigan and director of legal and legislative affairs for the Michigan Department of Treasury.
Prior to that, White served as the tax counsel for the Michigan House of Representatives. While in law school, he clerked at the Michigan Tax Tribunal.
White is a member of the Texas, Michigan and District of Columbia bars and is admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court, U.S. Tax Court and the U.S. Court of Federal Claims. He is a member of the Taxation Committee of the American Bar Association and is accredited by the American Institute of CPAs as a chartered global management accountant (CGMA) and a personal financial specialist (PFS).
He is also a member of the REPTL Committee of the Texas Bar and is a member of the San Antonio Bar Association and the San Antonio Society of CPAs.
White currently teaches Trusts at St. Mary's University School of Law.
Chapter 12: The Bundling of Taxable and Exempt Communications Services, TELECOMMUNICATIONS:
TAXATION OF SERVICES, PROPERTY AND PROVIDERS, at 237-58 (CCH 2002 ed.) co-authored with
William A. Walsh
- State & Local Tax: Recent Developments, TEXAS TAX LAWYER, Feb. 2005, at 13, 13-19 co-authored with
Geoffrey Polma and Daniel Timmons
- Implementation of the New Assessment Cap, MICHIGAN BAR JOURNAL, Feb. 1995, at 188, 188-90