- JD, St. Mary’s School of Law, 1979
- BA, University of Texas at El Paso, 1976
License to Practice
Specialties and Courses
- Texas Land Titles
Peter Hosey (J.D. ’79) was born in Stuttgart, Germany and emigrated to the United States in 1956. He became a U.S. citizen in 1960.
While he lived in the U.S., he attended the University of Texas at El Paso, receiving a Bachelor of Arts degree in 1976. Shortly after, he attended the St. Mary’s University School of Law. He is married to Sheree Wagner and has four children.
Hosey has worked at Jackson Walker LLP since 2001. Prior to that, he worked at Gresham, Davis, Gregory, Worthy & Moore from 1989 to 2001; Woodward, Hunter & Hosey from 1980 to 1988; and Exxon from 1979 to 1980.
Hosey is the president of the St. Mary’s Law Foundation, a member of the St. Mary’s University Board of Trustees and a former president of the St. Mary’s Law Alumni Association.
- State Bar of Texas 1979 to Present
- One of the Founders and Past President and Treasurer San Antonio Bar Association Natural Resources Section
- Chair, Oil, Gas & Energy Resources Law Section, State Bar of Texas, 2017-2018
- Member of Texas Land Title Standards Commission 1998 to Present.
- Life Sustaining Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation
Honors and Awards
- Distinguished Graduate Award 2013, St. Mary’s School of Law
- Examination of Texas Land titles Casebook, 5th Edition (Electronic Publication)
- Presented Papers to:
- Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation
- SBOT Oil, Gas & Energy Law Advanced Seminars
- EE Smith Energy Institutes
- SBOT Water Law Conference
- SBOT Oil & Gas Disputes Course
- San Antonio, Dallas & Midland Bar Association Seminars
- See jacksonwalker.com for full list