Hon. Xavier RodriguezAdjunct Professor
- J.D., Univ. of Texas School of Law, 1987
- M. Public Affairs, Univ. of Texas at Austin, LBJ School of Public Affairs, 1987
- B.A., Harvard Univ. 1983
License to Practice
Honors and Awards
- State Bar of Texas Gene Cavin Award for Excellence in CLE, 2017
- Rosewood Gavel Award for Outstanding Judicial Service, 2011
Specialties and Courses
- E-Discovery and Digital Evidence
- Federal Courts
BiographyXavier Rodriguez is a former Texas Supreme Court Justice and currently sits on the bench as a United States District Judge for the Western District of Texas. Prior to assuming the bench, he was a partner in the international law firm of Fulbright & Jaworski (now known as Norton Rose Fulbright). He was elected to membership in the American Law Institute, and is a Fellow of the American Bar Foundation and the Texas Bar Foundation.
He served in the U.S. Army Reserve Judge Advocate General's Corps and has served on the board of directors in a number of charitable organizations across Texas.
He is a past chair of the State Bar of Texas Labor and Employment Law Section and currently sits on the Councils of both the State Bar of Texas Litigation Section and the Computer and Technology Section.
Judge Rodriguez is the current chair of the State Bar of Texas Continuing Legal Education Committee.
- Editor of Essentials of E-Discovery (TexasBarBooks 2014)
- Frequent speaker on continuing legal education seminars in Texas and nationally and has authored numerous articles regarding employment law, discovery and arbitration issues.