- J.D., magna cum laude, Harvard University, 1985
- B.A., University of Illinois at Chicago Circle, 1982
License to Practice
Specialties and Courses
- Administrative Law
- Criminal Law
- Labor Law
BiographyTeeter practiced commercial litigation in Honolulu and labor and employment law in Boston. His teaching experience includes working for Oklahoma City University School of Law in 1988 and St. Mary's University since 1991. Teeter has published numerous articles on labor law and a series of essays on how Buddhist insights can enhance the study, practice and teaching of law. Teeter has taught many different subjects at St. Marys and has lectured at the summer programs in Austria and China. He takes pride in being accessible to his students and in making a meaningful difference in their lives through his classes. Teeter has received a number of awards for pedagogical excellence.
Honors and Awards
Named Most Influential Professor at St. Mary's in Texas Lawyer's Survey of Law Schools (August 18, 2008 edition)
Phi Delta Phi Most Outstanding 1L Professor, 2003
Student Bar Association Professor of the Year, 2001
Student Bar Association Professor of the Year, 2000
Alumni Association Distinguished Faculty Award for Excellence in Teaching, 1999
Phi Delta Phi Outstanding Faculty Member, 1993
Phi Beta Kappa, 1982
Recipient, St. Mary’s University Alumni Association Distinguished Faculty Award
Articles in a Periodical
- Integrity under Fire: The Wisdom of General U.S. Grant and Advice for the Neophyte Lawyer, 41 J. Legal Prof. 81 (2016)
- Perils and Pontifications: Reflections on the Failures and Joys of a Law Teacher, 37 Southern Illinois University Law Journal 53 (2012).
- Eastern Visions, Western Voices: A Sermon on Love in the Valley of Law, 53 Cleveland State Law Review 429 (2005-06).
- Dueling Democracies: Protecting Labor Representation Elections from Governmental Interference, 106 West Virginia Law Review 121 (2003).
- Teaching Tips from the Lotus Sutra, 77 Tulane Law Review 443 (2002).
- The Daishonin’s Path: Applying Nichiren’s Buddhist Principles to American Legal Education, 30 McGeorge Law Review 271 (1999).
- Representation Elections, Anti-Semitism and the National Labor Relations Board, 5 Virginia Journal of Social Policy and the Law 341 (1998) (with Christopher Burnett).
- Into the Thicket: Pursuing Moral and Political Visions in Labor Law, 46 Journal of Legal Education 252 (1996).
- Fair Notice: Assuring Victims of Unfair Labor Practices That Their Rights Will Be Respected, 63 University of Missouri-Kansas City Law Review 1 (1994).
- Between the Buttons: Employer Distribution of Antiunion Insignia, 24 New Mexico Law Review 69 (1994).
- Banning the Buttons: Employer Interference with the Right to Wear Union Insignia in the Workplace, 80 Kentucky Law Journal 377 (1991-92).
- Inadvisable Advice: Limits on Employers’ Counseling of Employees with Regard to Unfair Labor Practice Proceedings, 12 Industrial Relations Law Journal 292 (1990).
- Keeping the Faith: The Problem of Apparent Bias in Labor Representation Elections, 58 University of Cincinnati Law Review 909 (1990).
Shorter Works in Collections
- Book Review, Sam Roberts, The Brother: The Untold Story of Atomic Spy David Greenglass (2001), 13 Bimonthly Review of Law Books 6 (Sept.-Oct. 2002).
- Book Review, Lawrence Schiller, Into the Mirror: The Life of Master Spy Robert P. Hanssen (2002), 13 Bimonthly Review of Law Books 7 (Sept.-Oct. 2002).
- Book Review, Tammy Bruce, The New Thought Police: Inside the Left’s Assault on Free Speech and Free Minds (2001), 13 Bimonthly Review of Law Books 15 (July-Aug. 2002).
- Book Review, Thomas H. Koenig and Michael L. Rustad, In Defense of Tort Law (2001), 13 Bimonthly Review of Law Books 24 (March-April 2002).
- Book Review, John Grisham, The Brethren (2000), 11 Bimonthly Review of Law Books 14 (May-June 2000).
- Book Review, Alan M. Dershowitz, Just Revenge (1999), 11 Bimonthly Review of Law Books 9 (Jan.-Feb. 2000).
- Book Review, Derrick Bell, Afrolantica Legacies (1998), 10 Bimonthly Review of Law Books 2 (Jan.-Feb. 1999).
- Book Review, Dominick Dunne, Another City, Not My Own (1997), 9 Bimonthly Review of Law Books 13 ( March-April 1998).
- Book Review, Vincent R. Johnson and Alan Gunn, Studies in American Tort Law (1994), 6 Bimonthly Review of Law Books 12 (July-Aug. 1995).
- Book Review, Richard A. Epstein, Cases and Materials on Torts (6th ed. 1995), 6 Bimonthly Review of Law Books 13 (July-Aug. 1995).
- Book Review, Richard A. Epstein, Cases and Materials on Torts (5th ed.1990), 1 Bimonthly Review of Law Books 1 (Sept.-Oct. 1990).