- J.D., St. Mary’s University, 1998
- B.A., Southwest Texas State University, 1993
License to Practice
Specialties and Courses
- Battered immigrants
- Deposition skills
- Divorce hearings
- Probate and estate
Prior to joining St. Mary’s, Pepi practiced immigration, family law, estate planning and elder law. She joined St. Mary’s in 2000 and continues to supervise second- and third-year law students as they represent low-income clients with family law and probate matters. Pepi teaches the corollary course required of all Civil Justice Clinic students.
She also teaches practice skills courses in the areas of depositions, probating estates and divorce. She has published work in the area of legal ethics and lectured nationally and internationally on the issues facing survivors of domestic violence.
Pepi is a leader in the legal community through her membership and service in myriad bar associations. She is a past President of the Bexar County Women’s Bar Association/Foundation and the Mexican American Bar Association of San Antonio.
Honors and Awards
- San Antonio Women’s Chamber of Commerce Constellation of Stars Comet Award, Nov. 2014
- St. Mary’s University Alice Wright Franzke Feminist Award, March 2014
- Bexar County Women’s Bar Foundation Belva Lockwood Outstanding Young Lawyer Award, Oct. 2000
Article in a Periodical
Dayla S. Pepi and Donna D. Bloom,Take the Money or Run: The Risky Business of Acting As Both Your Client’s Lawyer and Bail Bondsman, 37 St. Mary’s L.J. 933 (2006).