Jennifer R. Lloyd
Senior Director of University Communications | Executive Editor of
Gold & Blue Magazine and Gold & Blue Law Edition
- M.B.A., St. Mary’s University, 2016
- M.A., University of Texas at Austin, 2008
- B.A., University of Washington, Seattle, 2004
Lloyd oversees media relations, news and information, and social media efforts for the University and the School of Law. She is also Executive Editor for the University’s Gold & Blue Magazine and the Gold & Blue Law Edition .
Prior to joining St. Mary’s University in 2014, Lloyd covered higher education issues and scientific research as a journalist for the San Antonio Express-News. She joined the Express-News in 2008 to cover pop culture and young adult issues under the umbrella of the features section.
After transitioning to the metro section in 2009, she covered general assignments as well as San Antonio’s North Side and Comal County before joining the education team. She covered K-12 education, focusing on the city’s largest school districts, before moving into the higher education arena.
Earlier in her career, she covered arts and nonprofits for the Victoria Advocate. Her work has also been featured in the Seattle Times, the Seattle Post-Intelligencer, Austin Monthly and many other publications. She has also taught journalism courses at the university level.
Honors and Awards
- Gold & Blue Magazine was honored with the Collegiate Advertising Award Gold Award in the category Publication External- Series two years in a row, February 2019 and March 2020
- Honored with the American Marketing Association San Antonio Chapter’s 3rd Place Marketing Excellence Award in the category of Higher education/K-12 for St. Mary’s Law’s J.D. advertising campaign, June 2018
- Honored with the Council for Advancement and Support of Education District IV’s Bronze Award in the category of Alumni Program for a Project or Special Event for the Gran Final of the Henry B. Gonzalez Centennial, March 2018
- Honored with the 2017 Collegiate Advertising Awards Gold Award in the Special Video Production – Series category for the St. Mary’s Law Recruiting Video Campaign, Feb. 12, 2018
- Honored with the 2017 Collegiate Advertising Awards Silver Award in the Publication External category for the inaugural Fall 2017 issue of the St. Mary’s University Gold & Blue Law Edition Magazine, Feb. 12, 2018
- Honored with the Council for Advancement and Support of Education District IV Gold Award for the category Writing – Feature – More than 1,000 Words for the Gold & Blue Magazine article, “Entrepreneurs Abroad: St. Mary’s students travel to India to teach business development in Bangalore’s slums,” March 6, 2017
- Honored with the Council for Advancement and Support of Education District IV Gold Award for Institutional Identity Program for overseeing the creation of School of Law’s Constitution Day Program, April 4, 2016
- Distinguished Graduate of the St. Mary’s Greehey MBA Program for Values-driven Leaders, December 2016
- Presented photos and experiences in India at the event, “Lunch and Learn with the Marianist Sisters in India,” March 29, 2016
- Member of the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio’s Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences Career Advisory Council
- Honored with the Texas State Teachers Association’s School Bell Award for an “Outstanding Feature Story” for the back-to-school news feature “Teachers’ learning experience” published on Aug. 27, 2011
- Produced content for a San Antonio Express-News features publication blog focusing on the Austin City Limits Music Festival, which was recognized as one of the best blogs in the state by the Texas Press Association
- Presented research on the representation of immigration in the media at the Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication Convention, 2007