- LL.M., University of Texas, Austin, 1973
- J.D., University of Texas, Austin, 1967
- B.A., University of Texas, Austin, 1965
Specialties and Courses
- Federal constitutional law
- Federal courts
- Civil procedure
Dittfurth has taught at St. Mary’s since 1975. He was Associate Dean, Student and Academic Affairs, for St. Mary’s Law School from 1989-93. He taught at St. Mary’s Institute on World Legal Problems in Innsbruck, Austria. He has received the Distinguished Faculty Award for Excellence in Teaching from the St. Mary’s Alumni Association.
- Learning Civil Procedure, Carolina Academic Press, 2007.
- “The Concepts and Methods of Federal Civil Procedure,” published in 1999 by Carolina Academic Press.
- The Texas Constructive Trust and its Peculiar Requirements, 50 Tex. Tech. L. Rev. 447, (2018)