Lone Star Classic
St. Mary’s University School of Law’s Board of Advocates will host the 2018 Lone Star Classic®, an annual invitational mock trial tournament open to ABA-accredited law schools nationwide, on Oct. 18-20, 2018, in San Antonio, Texas.
This application is now closed.
A.J. Bellido de Luna, Hardy Director of Advocacy and Service Professor at St. Mary’s University School of Law, 210-436-3779, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law claimed the national title in the St. Mary’s University School of Law’s annual Lone Star Classic mock trial competition with its final-round victory over Emory University School of Law on Oct. 21, 2017.
Courtney Watkins from the University of Maryland was named Best Speaker of the competition.
Other awards included:
- Most Professional Team: Florida State University and North Carolina
- Best Opening Statement: Kingsley Okpara – Samford Univ. Cumberland
- Best Direct Examination: William Rice – University of Maryland
- Best Cross-Examination: Matthew Hinson – University of North Carolina
- Best Closing Argument: Guy Guenther – Chicago-Kent
- Best Overall Advocate: Maisel Pelegrino – Emory University
Watch previous Lone Star Classic® events.
- 2017 Video on Demand
- 2016 Video on Demand
- 2015 Video on Demand
- 2014 Video on Demand
- 2013 Video on Demand-Introduction
- 2013 Video on Demand