- J.D., (magna cum laude), St. Mary’s University School of Law, 1990
- B.A., Trinity University, 1975
License to Practice
Specialties and Courses
- Elder Law
Patricia “Patty” Flora Sitchler is a native of San Antonio, Texas, and proud of her south-side roots.
Patty began her practice with Schoenbaum, Curphy & Scanlan, P.C. (SCS), ultimately becoming a full shareholder in the firm. Subsequently, Sitchler left SCS, and became a solo practitioner at the Law Office of Patricia Flora Sitchler.
Sitchler’s career focus has been in estate planning for persons with disabilities and the subsequent probate. Her practice has spanned the entire state. Recently, Sitchler has focused her practice in providing legal advice to personal injury attorneys, explaining the intricacies of Supplemental Security Income and various Medicaid program benefit eligibility requirements and where indicated, drafting a Supplemental Needs Trust to protect benefit eligibility.
In addition to her practice, Sitchler has most recently been an active council member of the Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law Section of the Texas Bar Association.
Honors and Awards
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorney’s Powley Award, 2017
- Texas Bar CLE Standing Ovation Award, 2016
- Outstanding Attorney in San Antonio in Elder Law and Estate Planning, 2013
- SA San Antonio’s Best Lawyers Outstanding Attorney in Trust and Estate Law (2008-2017)
- Texas Monthly Super Lawyers 2004-2017 in Elder Law
- Top 50 Lawyers in South and West Texas (2013)
- San Antonio Trusts and Estates Best Lawyer’s “Lawyer of the Year” (2014-2015 & 2016-2017)
- Best Lawyers in America in Elder Law (2007-2017)
- AV Preeminent, Judicial Edition of Martindale Hubbell, 2017
- Inaugural Edition, Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers (2011, 2012-2014)