Business Manager, Law Journal
- B.A., magna cum laude, St. Mary’s University, 1996
For two decades, Gomez has worked in multiple aspects of publishing and communications for the corporate, government and nonprofit sectors. Her background includes editing, writing, quality assurance testing, corporate communications and event planning.
Gomez finds the intersection of education and technology fascinating, most recently reviewing online learning courses for the U.S. Army and the Federal Aviation Administration. During her time at PCI Education, she worked with the creative team to develop math and English software for the special needs and learning differences markets.
While at Educational Testing Service (2006-2012), Gomez served as a supervisor in the Editorial Department, overseeing test production for California and Texas standardized tests. She previously served as a co-editorial lead of the California Standards Test (CST), administered to California students in grades 2-11 with a print run of 10.3 million, and team lead of the California High School Exit Examination (CAHSEE) with a print run of 3.3 million.
After graduating from St. Mary’s with a degree in English, she has gone on to publish more than 100 works in publications including Texas Highways magazine, the Randolph AFB Wingspread, PAYTECH magazine and the Kelly AFB Observer.
Honors and Awards
- Educational Testing Service (ETS) SPOT Awards (2011)
- ETS Margin for Mission Contest First-Place Quarterly Winner (2009)
- Ozzie Team Award Bronze Level Nonprofit Best Use of Digital Imagery (2004)
- Ozzie Team Award Bronze Level Nonprofit Best Use of Annual or One-Shot (2004)
- JPMorgan Chase Quarterly Human Resources Diversity Champion Award (2002)
- JPMorgan Chase Quarterly Profiles in Diversity Team Award (2002)
- JPMorgan Chase Super Star Award (2001)
- JPMorgan Chase Quarterly All Star Award (2001)
- Air Education and Training Command Best Contribution by a Contract Writer (1999)
- 76th Services Division Non-Appropriated Funds Civilian of the Quarter (1998)
“APA Member Virginia Price Celebrates 73 Years in Payroll,” PAYTECH magazine (June 2003)
“Cuttin’ Taylor Style,” The Alamo Area Horse Gazette (September 1996)
“Marazon System Allows Providers to Focus on Children’s Giftedness,” Kelly AFB Flight Line (1997)
“Meet APA’s Next President: Mike D. Hall, CPP of Alcoa Inc.,” PAYTECH magazine (April 2004)
“Military Community Not Immune to Domestic Violence,” Randolph AFB Wingspread (1999)
“San Antonio Youth for Christ Lead Their Generation to Jesus,” saWorship.com magazine (May/June 2006)
“Tales from the Underground: Longhorn Cavern State Park,” Texas Highways magazine (July 2005)
“Team Effort Saves Woman’s Life,” Randolph AFB Wingspread (1999)
“Vietnam Veteran to Speak at National Prayer Breakfast,” Randolph AFB Wingspread (1999)
“Back-Seat Traveler,” Chocolate for a Teen’s Heart: Unforgettable Stories for Young Women, (Simon & Schuster, 2001)
EZ Storywriter, PCI Educational Publishing (contributor, 2006)
Say It, Rhyme It, Spell It, PCI Educational Publishing (contributor, 2006)
Theme Park Math, PCI Educational Publishing (contributor, 2005)
TouchMath Connect Interactive Software Program, Innovative Learning Concepts (contributor, 2011)
TouchMath Tutor Kindergarten, First Grade, and Second Grade, Innovative Learning Concepts (contributor, 2009-2011). Kindergarten component named a 2010 Tech & Learning Awards of Excellence winner.
Tracking Down Parts of Speech, PCI Educational Publishing (author credit, 2007)