Allen CraddockAdjunct Professor
- Ph.D., (summa cum laude), Nova Southeastern University, 2009
- J.D., (cum laude), St. Mary's University School of Law, 1997
License to Practice
Honors and Awards
- Texas Monthly, Super Lawyer, 2005
- Texas Board of Legal Specialization, Board Certified, Workers’ Compensation, 2004
Specialties and Courses
- Workers Compensation
- Administrative Law
BiographyDr. Allen Craddock graduated from St. Mary’s University School of Law in 1997 and was admitted to practice by the State Bar of Texas in 1998. After law school, he completed a Ph.D. in Social Psychology in 2009.
Dr. Craddock is the Director of Hearings for the State of Texas, Division of Workers Compensation. He is responsible for all of the mediators and administrative law judges in the State of Texas, who conduct more than 22,000 proceedings each year. He has served as an Adjunct Professor of Law at St. Mary's University School of Law since 1999, and he served as a Visiting Professor of Law at Pepperdine School of Law - Strauss Institute in 2007.
He has mediated, convened, and facilitated over 4,000 disputes, with values as high as $400 million. He is an Active Behavioral Consultant for law enforcement agencies, providing onsite crisis negotiation intervention and specializing in behavioral manipulation, interpretation and interrogation (body language and lie detection).
- Analysis of online dispute resolution: A Closer Look at Human Behavioral Changes During Conflict in the Online Environment. LAMBERT Academic Publishing. March 2011.
- “Behavioral Manipulation in Interrogation,” Houston Police Department, 2017, Houston, TX
- “Parent Coordinator / Facilitator Certification and Training,” Bexar County, 2009 & 2013, San Antonio, TX
- “Lie Detection & Crisis Negotiation,” Texas Luthern University, 2012, Seguin, TX
- “Interrogation Methods and Lie Detection: How to Deal With Organic and Mental Disease,” Eastern Kentucky University, 2010, Richmond, KY
- “Disputes in Government,” Key Note Speaker, National Association of Counties, 2010, San Antonio, TX
- “Dispute Resolution System Design,” Southwest Research Institute, 2009, San Antonio, TX
- “Negotiation Tactics,” State Bar of Texas, 2008, Austin, TX
- “A Better Working System: Creative Agreement Options,” State Bar of Texas, 2008, Austin, TX
- “Advanced Negotiation Techniques,” State Bar of Texas, 2004, Austin, TX